List of Earmarks, etc.: by Rich Lowry, National Review
"…apparently in the bailout bill (based on a list going around). Pretty outrageous. Isn’t this in John McCain’s wheelhouse?
New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill
- Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
- Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
- 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill.
- Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
- American Samoa (Sec. 309)
- Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
- Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
- Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
- Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
- Railroads (Sec. 316)
- Auto Racing Tracks (317)
- District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
- Wool Research (Sec. 325)
9:38 a.m. October 1, 2008."
***Call 202-224-3121--The vote is to be held later today***
**UPDATE: Senate passed the bill. Find out more here.