Friday, October 24, 2008

Ashley Todd, SHAME ON YOU!

As much as I hate, and have spoken out against, the fraud that has grown rampant in this campaign, it sickens me to see that one of our own made a fool of herself this week and I hope they prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law. 

When I first heard the report yesterday about Ashley Todd, and saw her ridiculous picture, my first comment was "there's no way she was attacked...look how calm she looks!" (and I purposely, for that reason, didn't post about it here) Then I noticed the backwards "B" on her face, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she did that to herself in the mirror!! (not to mention that no one saw anything and that she took this picture of herself with her cell phone)

You know, with all the real fraud going on out there, it's truly pathetic that someone like Todd seeking attention had to pull a stunt like this. She ought to not only be prosecuted, but forced to pay back the city for all the money that was wasted by law enforcement on this hoax. 

To read the full story, see this link

4 comments:

Dana said...

Tami, I thought the exact same thing when I saw her picture!!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I was curious about this as well. The backward B and being able to snap a photo of herself?

I do have to admit the black eye looks real. That may have been for real, just not this incident.

I don't really think this is so much a thing to make Obama Supporters look bad. I think she is one of those people that thrives on attention. Any attention she can get. I can't recall the term right now.

We really do have enough of this stuff going on against McCain Supporters that is real. McCain Supporters in my city have taken down their signs and taken off their bumper stickers, and no longer where their t-shirts out. Stuff is happening here and we are afraid to.

Anonymous said...

Dear proud independent,

You're right. I don't think a paid McCain campaign worker saying she was beaten up, raped, and had a backwards 'B' carved into her face to symbolize 'Barack' by a big scary black guy ONLY after he saw her McCain/Palin bumper sticker is in any way intended to reflect badly on Obama or his supporters. WHAT??? Come on! She supposedly has a history of mental problems, and I hope she gets the help she needs. And I don't in any way blame the McCain campaign for her actions. But let's not be so naive about her intent.

"Stuff" is "going on" against supporters for both campaigns. Although what you are describing about where you live ("Supporters in my city have taken down their signs and taken off their bumper stickers, and no longer where their t-shirts out.") sounds about as plausible as Ashley Todd's yarn. What city is this happening in? And if it's so widespread there (as you make it seem) then why haven't we heard about it on the news?

These incidents are unfortunate, but they are isolated incidents, and have been a part of every campaign throughout history. Let's not make things even worse by giving a fictional account of how your entire city of McCain/Palin supporters is living in fear. Okay?

Tami said...

ummm, Anonymous.

Those aren't fictional tales proud independent is telling. There are incidents going on like this in my own town--in Florida--so, maybe you should watch the news. To suggest he or she is like Ashley Todd is, well, I guess being a typical liberal these days. There are reports in Maryland, Georgia, Florida, DC, Pennsylvania, Virginia..and those are the ones I could find in about 3 minutes of looking.